Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy Halloween

My halloween pumpkin for this year:


Okay, so last year, I carved my very first pumpkin. I found a picture of Ruby Gloom and told my skeptical beau that I was going to recreate it, pumpkin style. I didn't do too bad a job, either.

So this year, I carved Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer onto a pumpkin. Because I love them so damn much and they've both inspired me and brought SO much joy into my life. That, and I really like the promotional art for 'An Evening with Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer', and I thought it would be perfect to carve onto a pumpkin.

I even bought some proper tools this year! Last year I just used a kitchen knife and a screwdriver. :P

I posted a photo to Amanda Palmer's wall and Neil Gaiman's wall. On Neil Gaiman's wall, it was in the section made up of fan posts. Then he put it up in the section made up of his posts. And more than a thousand people like it. O_O

Wow. Seriously. I am so amazed and thrilled that so many people like it. Best of all, Neil Gaiman likes it! I hope Amanda Palmer likes it too. :)

(I cannot simply refer to them as 'Neil' or 'Amanda', even if I were to write their names a million times over in this post. They are simply too awesome.)

Anyway, it really made my day, I am so happy! :D

Lex

P.S. Last year's pumpkin:

2 comments:

  1. I like it too. It's my art you copied onto that pumpkin. Cheers, Cynthia von Buhler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm so glad you like it, too! :D I freaking love that picture, it is one of my all time Amanda/Neil favourites. <3

    ReplyDelete