Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Sister's Voice

Lots of art today! I've been drawing and writing and whatnot, so here are some of the fruits of my labour. :)

I've also sent my script to friends who volounteered to give me feedback and I can't wait for their critiques! I tried working on a second draft the other day and not too many changes were made, I think some feedback would really help.

Ok, so I did some expression exploration with Anna. I tried to keep her happy faces for subdued and her unhappy faces more pronounced, she's a taciturn sort of character. The flirty and drunk expressions got me thinking the most. Anna doesn't want to date anyone ever, so it was hard to imagine her flirting. So I tried to make her look uncomfortable and unsure, looking back over her shoulder, turned away and ready to flee. And when she's drunk, she's just depressed. :P So she doesn't drink much, it just leads to bad poetry.



These are just some super scribbly sketches of everyone, kinda looking at facial features and who shares which ones. Like, who has the same nose, the same shaped face, etc. And mostly I was exploring Polina's face and the possibilities. I think I prefer my first design of her, but I'll keep playing.

I would like Yona and Anna to be very physically alike, as they are very alike in personality as well. I'll look at that some more later.



Just looking at potential bodytypes and the sort of swimwear these two might wear. Those stripey trunks are there to stay.



Lighthouse sketches! I realised the other day that the characters of my feminist novel all live in a big ol' phallic symbol. But they spend more time at sea. Perhaps they just needed to get out of the phallus.



I was bored and wasted a lot of ink in my pen by drawing up a wave. :) I'm not too sure yet on how I want to treat the water in this story.



So yeah, getting some stuff done. Picking up momentum I hope! I'd love to start working on the actual pages next month, it's so hard not to just rush to that stage and get started on them now.

Oh, also, the working title for this story is, 'My Sister's Voice'.

Lex

No comments:

Post a Comment