Sunday, March 13, 2011

Giant Comic Update

Oh man, BIGGEST POST EVER. This is what you get when I'm too lazy to update on my comic regularly enough.

Okay, so the script is done, has been for a little while now. So I've started storyboarding everything so I can get a sense of panel variation, colours, poses, etc. So here's the first part of the rough draft.

I want the whole thing done with brush and ink, with the only colours being black, white and red. Maybe with gray shading down with diluted ink, maybe with the shading shown through line work, I'm not sure yet.











Here's some character design stuff.

This is Anna, her mother and her grandmother. I don't know whether I want the grandmother with an eye patch or not. I do want her to look just like Anna, but old. She'll also be much shorter and stout with age. And her eyes are the same colour as Polina's.

I tried to make Anna's mother, Vla, look more like Polina, but with Anna's hair and Anna's eye colour. She would be as tall as Anna too, if she stood straight. Polina's eyes keep getting bigger and bigger. Vla's eyes will be the same size, this picture does not do them justice.



Here's Anna and Polina, showing their contrasting body types and personalities. I wanted Anna to be fatter...I hate super skinny cartoon women. But being slender suits her pointy personality, just like Elphaba from Wicked.



I briefly thought of giving Anna big eyes like her sister. After drawing this I decided to stick with her tiny eyes.



Sketches! Just me doodling around with body shapes.



And lastly, boat sketches. These are sketches of Anna's boat, the Pink Pearl. Hehehe. Her grandmother, Yona, was captain of the ship, the Surly Mermaid.

Anyway, Anna and Vla are too few people to woman a ship, so I gave them a boat instead.



Hope you enjoyed my giant blog post! And if you're reading this, I just want to say thank you. I really appreciate it when people take the time to look at my art. :)

Lex

No comments:

Post a Comment