Thursday, January 7, 2010

Books and Fruit

There are so many books that I want to read right now. And so many different things that I want to do. My mind is a everywhere right now. I feel like...there's this bit in 'The Bell Jar' where the central character (whose name I have forgotten) is talking about her future. In her mind's eye her future is like a tree, with all these different fruits growing on the branches. But she can't have all the fruit. Each one is a potential future, and she can only have one, or a few. I feel a little bit like that right now. Not enough to drive me crazy (as it did her) and not about my ultimate future. I suppose that I just see that tree for each day. It's like, today I should take this fruit...no wait, that one...no wait! I really need to stop thinking like this, it's getting on my nerves.


Anyway, here's another picture from my sketchbook. Not a very cheery looking picture, I'll put something cheerier up tomorrow. Or the day after, whenever I post again.




This is so much dirtier in my book, it's just a scribble on a page where ink has leaked through. The wonders of Photoshop, eh?

Saw Ben Drake and a whole mob of other uni people yesterday. It was good and makes me miss uni a little, despite the fact that I'm technically still there. But because I don't have schedualed classes and I don't have to go into uni (and therefore don't, because it's quite far away) so the uni atmosphere that I liked isn't there. Just the work. Hhmmmm...Although I do enjoy the work as well. Even the thesis.

Speaking of uni work, it's time I went and did some.

No comments:

Post a Comment